Friday, October 29, 2010

What I'm loving today

I admit readily that I really enjoy shopping on Gilt. I'm busy and I like to have lots of options, so going to department stores just doesn't do it for me anymore. And I totally enjoy the retail therapy of purchasing online just as much as in the store. I definitely would not have said that three years ago, but that's how I feel today. I enjoy my free time very much and it becomes more and more precious the older I get, and I'd quite frankly I'd rather spend this time cooking or hiking than in a store. I love clothes and having beautiful items, but I also need my nature and physical activity to feel grounded. But back to why I love Gilt. I really love a good bargain. Some may call me a little cheap, but I don't really think I'm quite that. I was raised in a rather thrifty home and I learned the value of shopping discount at a very young age. My dear mother definitely taught me the value of acquiring items second hand - garage sales, thrift stores, vintage shops, Goodwill, you name it. I still shop at a lot of second hand stores, but there is also something to be said for finding that oh so very special item brand new. And most importantly I love purchasing items that I really know will bring me enjoyment. Thus, Gilt really works for me.



A few of the Ted Baker watches really stole my heart. I love this women's faux snake skin watch. How fun to sport that with just jeans and a t-shirt. Selling for $73.



And this one (also by Ted Baker) is just gorgeous. Such classic lines. It is a men's watch, but remove a few links and it fits a woman like a charm. Delicious at $75.




This was in their gifts section. It is by Line. I'd love to wrap up in this on a cold winter evening. Not bad at $90.

No comments:

Post a Comment